NORTHEAST UTILITIES INTRANET
Northeast Utilities needed iFactory to provide them with strategy, design and information architecture services in an effort to revamp their enterprise-wide intranet (NUnet). The goal was to foster internal collaboration, improve communication between/among different departments and operating companies within Northeast Utilities, and increase the productivity and efficiency of its employees.
- Identified the most important and most frequently performed user tasks for each of the key user groups to maximize ROI
- Made navigation more intuitive
- Re-architected the site to make performing key tasks easier and faster
- Archived outdated, low-priority, and low-value content
- Developed sensible workflows to help streamline processes
- Provided contextually-relevant content throughout the user journey
- Introduced new communication tools for collaboration
- Provided the new site with a clean, friendly and fresh look that spoke to the personality and mission of the company
- Automated workflows
- Online polling and other employee feedback tools
- Online communities and other collaboration tools
- New directory function with photos and other (optional) personalized information to help employees get to know one another better
iFactory designed the Northeast Utilities intranet. Contact iFactory to learn how we can help your organization expand its web presence and grow its digital footprint.