- Third most widely used CMS (5%)1
- Most widely used CMS in higher education (11%)2
- Highly customizable: nearly unlimited functionality
- Large developer community
- Large number of plug-ins
- Free license and low total cost of ownership
- Wide variety of integrations possible
- Supports responsive design
- Customizable for ease of use
- Complex to deploy initially
- Does very little "out of the box"
- Requires sufficient hardware resources
- Too cumbersome for very small sites
1. W3Techs, 2015.
2. The Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education, 2012